ADD ME

Friday, April 5, 2013

It was not always like this

I never knew that divorce and losing a home could be so traumatic. 
When I was a young girl I always imagined this big fairy tale wedding, where I would be swept off my feet by my own prince charming. As you can tell I was really into fairy tales.

In 2000, nineteen years later he went to an assignment to Korea and everything changed. By then we had 3 beautiful children together but I think the freedom that lifestyle afforded him was too strong a temptation.

In 2002 he came back and asked for a divorce. I was devastated. I had also found out I had esophageal cancer. I had to stop working for awhile, unemployment was not enough to pay for the home. I lost my home, my marriage in the same year. This blog is a healing forum for me. I am now living  in a car and this blog chronicles my past, present and future challenges.


(this is where I sometimes park my vehicle)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment