ADD ME

Friday, April 12, 2013

Making the decision to go back to school

I previously mentioned making a decision to go back to school. This was not and easy decision because        I had a job and did not know how I would handle a job and school. I was blessed with the best counselor ever. She was able to guide me in my career path and explain all the steps that being a "re-entry" student involved.

There was so much new terminology that I had to learn. The hardest thing was being in a classroom with kids that just left high school. At first this was intimidating to me but I soon found out that I catch on things pretty fast and as the first semester came to an end I was very confident in my decision and my school performance. When I made the Deans List that really boosted my confidence

School has been a positive distraction in my life. It has given me something to focus on. My major is communication and my minor is early childhood education. I love kids and the teaching environment. I had to skip one semester due to health issues but I am back on track. I have been attending my local community college now for 2 years. My graduation date was supposed to be last year but I am trying to work more to create more savings.
The video below is about Columbia State Universities adult re-entry program. There are many adult students who don't have a counselor as wonderful as mine and transition has been slow for some.


No comments:

Post a Comment